Tuesday, April 25, 2006

CATCHING UP

"The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. " Psalm 19:7

It's Tuesday... a beautiful one, though it's to be pretty chilly tonite- near freezing! Unseasonal weather that threatens delicate blossoms that will later bring forth fruit.

What a lovely time we had at the tea yesterday. I didn't bring the camera, as I was also on my way to work. Joyce and Jane did a lot of preparation for this party, and it showed. Lots of enjoyable conversation, very relaxing. Thanks for inviting me!

Work was pretty busy last night on my unit, but not overwhelming. The last orders were transcribed at 11:30pm, and I was able to leave on time. My shift seemed to zoom past me, and at one point I was startled to see it was 9pm. I don't spend much time 'clock watching'.
Everything was done including the start of daily work for today's secretary on the morning shift. I'll be there again this afternoon.

Wendell seems to be status quo. Just needs to be out and about a bit more- walking especially. With the chilly weather and his tendency to be cold anyway, he hesitates to go outside. All his incisions are now shiny scars on the outside, though bruising remains on his legs, and likely will for some time to come. Tape burns caused a lot of injury, but then, it's a small price to pay for new vessels to the heart.
His blood sugars are staying down in the target range consistantly.

God continues to bless us daily with children who are supportive in every way, and grandchildren who supply the extra measure of joy for our day. I would ask that you hold us up in prayer even so, as we have a long way to go yet in healing, and still have many issues to overcome.
And remember Amanda and John as they plan their wedding in the coming weeks.
Sidenote: I was able to trade a day with another co-worker to be able to attend.. the Lord is so good!
That's about it... keep praying!

No comments: