Saturday, April 29, 2006

LET THE CLEANUP BEGIN......

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

Good morning happy campers!......er....... bloggers!
Another beautiful day is coming right up.. sure is chilly at night, though. Well, that's spring for you!
Spring cleaning got off to a slow start yesterday, but in the evening hours picked up with amazing results. I can now see one corner of my bedroom! HOORAY! 1 down, 3 to go.
The closet will be saved for another day- it's a whole project in itself.. but how wonderful it was today to be able to actually access it without leaning over Rubbermaid tubs and piles of comforters. Yippee! Being a packrat really bogs one down.. really. I can almost breathe better knowing all the little stuff I've been hoarding (and big stuff too) is now awaiting the trashman next Monday morning.
Unfortunately, though I was on quite a roll yesterday, the weekend will not be as productive, as I'm gainfully employed Saturday and Sunday and Monday.
Speaking of Monday, Wendell has his first visit with his cardiologist that day- 8:30am- ugh.
I have been trying to get him behind the wheel of the car to make some small trips so that he can do this one on Monday alone. It's hard for me to get up so early and be at an appointment after working the previous evening and not getting to bed till 1am, and then going back to work in the afternoon again with little sleep. We'll see how it goes.
Back to Spring Cleaning....... Mandy and I found the rest of our booklet- Jim & Char .. about our cats. All the pages seem to be there.. so I'll be scanning them and posting them in the near future.
JJ came by yesterday and helped me go through one of the tubs with 'memories' .. We pitched a lot of old papers- receipts for things I don't know what for? Certificates from elementary school .. kids.... and all sorts of nonsensical stuff that no one would want- I'm the likely one who WOULD, and believe me, I hadn't a clue why I kept much of it. So I'm down to just a few papers and important items. The box is anything but full. Thanks JJ..... can we do this again with the other 20 tubs?
How thankful I am for my children who are present and helping in every way they know how. God is so good to us and is providing for us daily as the needs are made evident.
Pray for Wendell to encourage him to walk more - especially during the day when it's so beautiful outside- and for his complete physical healing. VNA has now picked up the monitor, and all that is left is the oxygen equipment. I'll be calling to have that removed next week after he sees the cardiologist. Pray that he'll be able to withstand his CPAP too.. he's having a problem getting acclimated to it.
And pray for me too.. there is so much to do here and I'm working 2 jobs besides- I need physical strength and stamina to complete the tasks before me. I tire easily.
That's it for now..... Keep praying!

No comments: