Wednesday, January 03, 2007

3 DAYS INTO THE NEW YEAR

Here we are 3 days into the new year. Mandy is just getting back to work after having a round of bronchitis, John is just getting over his, and now JJ is struggling with the same. Yesterday I ended up in the dentist's office. She didn't find anything conclusive, but my molar is giving me such fits, she has firmly directed me to my endodontist for a root canal. For joy~ I'm becoming a frequent flyer in his office. I wonder if he gives discounts to customers who return again and again and again.... So, I'm back on antibiotics and pain meds and hoping something will kick in soon. I had little sleep last night, but need to be on my toes today~ another busy one coming up.
Wendell's trip to the UC office yesterday was, as anticipated, in error. Can't help but feel badly for him as he was directed to come in a half hour early to fill out paperwork.. which he did obediently. Then no one showed up till after lunch. Would have been nice if they'd let him know they were going out of the office for an hour while he sat there waiting as he was directed. The group was gathered together then, and the first question the director asked was "are any of you seasonal workers?" Of course, that is what Wendell is, and he raised his hand. The director told him that he wasn't supposed to be there- this program was for NON seasonal persons on layoff with no future call back. So he came home.
Today the children will be here around 9:30 while Amy goes to the OB. And then later I'll be going into the office to check things out and make sure my supplies are all there.
It's pretty chilly this morning- 31 degrees with a hope of 50 by this afternoon. I hope so.
Time to get moving here.. Have a great day..

No comments: