Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I DID IT..

I did it. Now, that's a bit misleading.. what in the world could that statement mean? Confession? Success?
Yes, success is what I'm referring to .. 4 evenings of work completed. Evening #4 was the most difficult as I was feeling miserable. Sinuses have set my teeth on edge for about 3 days.. and then yesterday it all settled on one tooth, and the pain could best be described as 'exquisite'. My co-workers took pity on me and sent me home around 9pm~ and shortly thereafter I went to bed. It's 4am and I'm awake and ready to call the dentist any time now. I suppose it's really too early for that. But I'll be ready to go at 8am when the office opens.

Now, as far as misleading goes, the picture of the snowman above might lead you to believe we have snow, but that is just not the case. (smiling broadly) It is cold this morning~ 35 degrees and wet; the high is to be 42.
Inside the house here it is cozy and other than some oral discomfort, I'm rather content.
I was looking at my work schedule (gainful employment, of course) and note that I have office Thursday and don't go back to the hospital till Saturday. Another weekend of work~ this will be my 3rd in a row and all because the protocol on my department said I HAD to be off Christmas eve and day, and HAD to work the NY weekend. That meant I also had to work the past 4 evenings to get my 3 days scheduled. To me, it's nonsense, but I can deal with it if they don't do it too often. My weekend schedule is all amiss..
I am thankful that I was able to go home early the last 2 evenings.

Today, Wendell has a meeting with the Unemployment people at noon. They have a class for him to possibly learn a new trade. I think this all has to do with the fact that when he got layed off, his boss didn't give him a return date. They don't decide that till spring, so though he has a job waiting for him if he wants, UC looks at it as if he doesn't. So, to keep the benefits, he will be attending.
We have the honor of keeping 4 grandchildren on Wednesday, and then Wendell has another appointment Thursday with SS and Friday with the orthopedic surgeon. The first week of January 2007 is going to be a really busy one.
I suppose it's about time to start taking down the Christmas decorations..tree, stockings, etc. I have a tub filled and one large box started with things we'll be taking with us to our new home when it is built hopefully this year.
It's fun to shop at various stores looking for sales on holiday stuff to use there.
Well, I seem to be rambling on and on.. I need to stop and either go back to bed or get dressed..
  • Remember to pray for Wendell this week- he's got a lot of things going on and needs to be able to be on his feet and functioning to complete them all.
  • Had word that Uncle Bob hasn't been doing too well.. pray for healing and encouragement
  • Pray that Aunt MaryJane will be well enough to return home from the rehab center.
  • Remember little Maggie who has Guillian Barre~ healing is much needed for this child.
  • The days are drawing closer to the birth of our grandaughter. Pray for a safe and uncomplicated delivery for her and for Amy too.
  • Janet is recuperating- pray for swift healing for her also please.
  • More later....thanks for upholding us.
It's a great day to be alive today.. God has been merciful. Have a super day!

No comments: