Monday, January 15, 2007

CLOUDY AND 44 DEGREES

It's nearly 3am.. I'm awake.. I fell asleep a while ago, but awoke with my fingers aching and refusing to bend without some degree of pain. It's the weather again.. seems to play a huge part in the aches and pains I experience.
I wont' be writing long.. it is mildly uncomfortable now to try to type on a keyboard.
Wendell had a better day yesterday. His GI problem seems to be alleviating now. Thanks for all your prayers on his behalf.
My grandmother had a treatment for diarrhea- barley or barley water. She boiled the barley and then drank the water.. it works. So for 2 days I've made chicken barley soup .. or maybe I should say Barley chicken soup? It had a LOT of barley in it. We like that grain so it was a pleasure to add twice as much to our soup. I'll be getting more in the near future. Wendell said he actually is feeling some better. That's a good sign.
Today, Monday, will be a busy one after the good rest we got yesterday. I'm gainfully employed, but have some responsibilities to deal with before I leave for work. One of these is making sure our new medical insurance cards get to the orthopedic surgeon. They arrived Saturday, and though it's just a name change and not a benefit change, it still has to be reported to our doctors. So, yesterday I sat down and figured out how to send a fax. Now I know that seems silly to you if you have a lot of computer knowledge, but for me it was a major accomplishment. The fax is in the computer and also on my printer. I had to bring up a program and fill out the information it required, and then I called one of the girls at work and sent a fax to them with the request that they return it so I would know it got through. I did it! Fabulous. Now I can just fax the card to the doctor.
I have been wanting to know how to fax with my equipment here because of the office also. I make 2-3 trips into town /week that would be unnecessary if I could make the fax work.. so tomorrow we shall see if it is feasable to do so. I'm all for time savers !
JJ sent me an email .. she says Palm Springs is unseasonalbly chilly, but sunny. Glad to hear it. She will attend her seminar today and then do some sight seeing while they are there .. they arrive home late Wednesday night. Pray for a safe journey if you would.
I'm headed back to bed.. I hope I can go back to sleep.Morning comes swiftly, and I want to have enough rest to make it to midnight.
Be careful if you are driving tonite.. dense fog warning out there..

No comments: