Saturday, January 27, 2007

MORE LIKE IT

It's 37 degrees this morning..That's more like it. I can live with this temperature. I have been fighting off a cold for the past few days and yesterday's deep freeze didn't help. I didn't go to work. I was so chilled to the bone all day. Nothing seemed to help. I have taken a decongestant and will be taking my Robitussin shortly.
The cough is miserable.
The picture above is of one of Charlie's chickens. It was a lovely summer day when she wandered over to our place. Look how green the grass is! I love it. Soon....very soon... we shall have green grass and trees once again.
I'm enjoying my 2nd cup of coffee. Wendell is on his way out the door to buy a new toaster at a local store. He doesn't go far from home.. but this is just out on Rt 8. He is wanting some cheese also.. and though I dont' think it's the best thing for him.. he'll be getting a little of it. We seem to have the worst time with some of our small appliances.. first the coffee makers.. then the toaster. I just bought this toaster last fall. I don't know what I did with the product information.. so I can't return it.. but it's shot already. So.. a new toaster is on his list of things to get today.
Tomorrow he goes for an ultrasound of his gallbladder. I'm seriously wondering if his GI problems aren't related somehow to that. The only other thing I can think of is a stricture in the pylorus.. sort of doubtful though.
Of course, colitis can be brought on by nerves, bacteria, viruses,food intake.. you name it.. it can trigger it.
If the gall bladder testing is within normal limits, he'll have to have an upper endoscopy.
Today I'm going to try to catch up on the things I've been ignoring for the past week. So I'd better get on my horse and start moving.

No comments: