Friday, January 19, 2007

COFFEE POT

This morning I made coffee.. my coffee pot is not old..but it is an inexpensive one. It made coffee, and that's the point of it. Except that every day when I put the coffee on, it took a few minutes longer for it to brew. I hear you all saying.. 'when's the last time you cleaned that pot..?? ran some vinegar through it??'.. well, not long ago when it first started slowing down.
This morning was the last straw.. I waited 40 minutes for it to fill halfway, and then it went on from there. I pulled my first cup from the half pot. Wendell and I had been planning to get a new one when we move- one with features I wanted and that made the coffee quickly and efficiently. So I went looking today. I didn't get the brand I'd been hoping for, but I did get one with the features I wanted.. like a timer set for 8am. Now when I get up at 8:30am, the coffee will be made. I tried this new pot out tonite- 10 minutes from start to finish! AMEN.
I also like the shutdown feature.. after 2 hours, it automatically shuts itself off. WOW! No more worrying if I turned the pot off.
It also has the interruption feature.. I can pull the pot out and fill my cup mid brew cycle if I want, and no coffee is spilled anywhere!
I like the little fabric basket that came with it too. If I run out of filters, no problem!
Simple operation, fast brewing, and the coffee tonite was stress-free and delicious!
The price was right too...not on sale, but not really expensive either.. I love it! and we now have our first small appliance for our new place.

No comments: