Wednesday, January 10, 2007

PHOTO ALBUMS

Being a 'visual' person, I enjoy looking at colors, pictures. One of my favorite things is looking at old photo albums and getting an idea of what my ancestors looked like. I also love looking at the newer albums and trying my hand at scrapbooking, though at this point, I'm swamped with photos from the past year, and just want to get them sorted out, mounted on acid free paper, and cover the pages in a folder - each one with a different activity or theme.
It's what I did last night before bed. Organize. I've now got , instead of packets of photos, several new folders with our trip to Raccoon Park, Annabelle's first pics, going to the Science Center, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. It took several hours to put this much together, but it was worth the effort as now I can share the photos, and not worry they will get lost in a shuffle.
I'm anxious to keep Joyce interested in scrapbooking. She has the right ideas and her album looks good so far. That was her gift from Wendell and me for Christmas- scrapbook supplies and pictures to go with it.
She keeps her bag here with all the tools and supplies so that when she comes, I can give her ideas and pointers to make her pages alive. I encourage the journaling too.

No comments: