Tuesday, January 09, 2007

NEWS FROM LAKE BLAIR....


Today I feel like I really accomplished a lot. It took me all morning, but I finally wrapped the Valentine kids Christmas gifts and boxed them for the mail. I've been holding back getting these boxes sent..just a few things got in my way, but they are finally in the mail... Priority mail.. What's the rush, you say? Well..each child is also given a certificate via emails for "Treat of the month".. and we still have to do that for January. It will be my project for next week hopefully. With the last of the gifts sent on their way, I suppose I should get busy and take the tree down this weekend. I'll be sad to see it go.. it's so pretty in the evening when the tree lights are on and the room lights are out. What is next? Valentine's Day, of course!

Today was a big day for me. I was given the honor of giving my 8th grandchild, Annabelle, her first real home bath. It was simple and easy, and she cried the whole time. Once done, she settled down and was wide awake for our entire visit. She's a very placid baby. She will lay in her bassinet or in someone's arms and look all around her. Joyce told me "she is very good.. she only cries when she's hungry or needs held" Well.. I noticed there are many volunteers for that job, including Joyce and Paul 3. Daniel describes his baby sister as "boring- she eats, sleeps, cries, and makes funny faces." While Joyce was holding Annabelle, David came over to look to see what all the todo was about. I asked him what her name was, and , as expected, he called her "baby". But then, Joyce said "Yes, but what is her NAME?" to which David gave all his lingual skill to say "A-belle". By golly, I think he's got it !! Can't wait to see them all again.. perhaps we'll take supper over tomorrow.. we'll see.

Speaking of supper, I had 2 lovely baked pieces of Tilapia tonite for my supper. Wendell declined due to his GI problem- he had beef vegetable soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. What did you have for supper?

We had quite a snow squall as we started out this afternoon... but it didn't last but a short time, and there is nearly nothing on the ground.. still mucky. Tonite it will be around 20 degrees.. that should harden up some of the muck. I'm off again tomorrow. I'll be on the phone a lot, but then getting some cleaning done that has needed done for a week now.
So...that's the news from Lake Blair.. where the fish don't bite 'cause there aren't any. Spring is coming !

No comments: