Thursday, January 11, 2007

BRRRRR!!! IT'S COLD!

Whoa! The temperature dipped last night.. to 16 degrees !!! Brrrrrrrrr! That's the "bad" news... the good news is that it should reach all the way to 47 today..and tomorrow too.. Strange weather. We need that cold snap to help kill off the viruses around us. People seem to get much more ill with mild winters. It's 18 degrees at the moment, and clear.. no precipitation.
Progress is slow taking down the Christmas decorations.. I have the ornaments off the tree, but the tree is still up and I'm still working on getting the little village under it put away. I try to take it all down and pack it so carefully. The pieces belong to the Zombecks, and I don't want to chip or break them. I noticed the boxes aren't as sturdy as I remembered from last year.. bubble wrap should work to protect them.
Wendell must have felt just a bit better yesterday.. he went for some groceries- just a few things we needed. He did pretty well. I try not to ask for too much when I send him out. He has difficulty carrying them and walking, and won't ask for help. His GI problems continue, though perhaps just a wee bit better? Perhaps, and then perhaps not really.
Gainful employment awaits me today..at the office. I'm delighted to be back after missing the past couple weeks. I'm so grateful to Kathy for covering me there.
So.. I'm off to start my day.. enjoy yours!
  • Uncle Bob has been readmitted to the hospital with renal problems..please pray for God's hand to rest on him and guide the doctors who make the critical decisions regarding his future and his health.
  • Aunt MaryJane and Janet who are recuperating
  • Maggie who is also recuperating
  • Sandi, who has that respiratory bug, Mandy and JJ too. Pray for a swift recovery
  • Wendell's GI problems- pray it will be resolved soon. He has surgery scheduled for next Thursday.
  • Pray also that JJ will have her work completed enough to make her trip this weekend.. pray for a safe flight for her and for Keith.
  • Pray for my patients today that they will be successfully infused without difficulty, and that I will have the ability to start the infusions easily also.
Gotta go find my mittens.. it be cold out there !

No comments: