Saturday, January 13, 2007

GOOD MORNING, GOOD NIGHT

It's almost 1am.. I can't believe how fast time flies.. I'm about ready to go to bed, but wanted to blog before I did.
When I get up in the morning, JJ and Keith will be half way across the country headed for Palm Springs.. Pray for their safety please and that their trip would be a time of refreshment for them.
I had a great day today.. nothing special happened, just that I'm feeling God's blessings.. I guess I started counting them today after yesterday's fiascos.. and realized that these things are 'bumps in the road'.. and the important things are the blessings that surround them all.
This morning I struggled with this computer. I'd lost all the audio on it before Christmas, and it was a frustration to me, but I let it go till today. It occurred to me that I have an application recovery disk, so I put a new audio driver on the pc. It was a dismal failure.. so I thought. I thought I did every thing it said to do.. over and over, but when I'd check, it would say I had an undisclosed error, and I didn't have any sound.
I left for work and was delighted to be a mentor tonite for a new secretary. All I had to do was BE THERE.
Happy day..no stress. The night did go quickly and I came home. My habit is to turn on the computer and get a drink of tea/ water and read my email.. but the computer had to be restarted again.. so I turned it completely off and when it came back on.........THERE IT WAS !!! The sound was back!!!! Well don't I feel silly... I was hitting the restart button when I should have been hitting the shut down button.. Oh, happy day!!! I wish I could solve my CD ROM problem that easily.

My friends, it is literally warm here in WPA.. 53 degrees as I type. It will drop to the mid 40s tonite and stay there with rain tomorrow.
Wendell is in bed sleeping.. I do hope he had a better day today too..
I'm off to bed.. G'nite all...

No comments: