Sunday, January 14, 2007

REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY

It is the Sabbath. We will not be going to church this morning...sigh... It is a disappointment to me, but some things just can't be helped. Growing older brings a lot of physical problems forth that we didn't anticipate even 3 years ago. Some are overwhelming.. others can be dealt with as long as there are Tylenols in the bottle.
Wendell was up many times during the night, but not as many as the previous nights.. I would suggest this is an improvement in a way. He eats very little.. mostly drinking water now. Yesterday I made a pot of chicken barley soup which should help with GI trouble, and I think perhaps it did make a difference. We'll see today.
Last evening I went to the grocery and got him semi-ripe bananas and yogurt too. These things should be good for him.
Of course, his knees are giving him fits with the rainy weather.. and today more is anticipated. Lake Blair is full to overflowing. I burned papers yesterday (long overdue) and noted Lake Blair II in the back of the house. I'm glad we don't flood in the basement. I wonder how much snow this would have been if el nino hadn't run interception? We expect 50 degrees today, but with more rain and tomorrow too. Tuesday should settle into 'winter mode' with a high of less than 30. Sure is bizarre weather.

It is 19 days till Ground hog day.. and just one month to Valentine day..yes.. today is the 14th of January..in just one month, Valentine Day will be here.. time to start thinking about doing something nice for your honey. I'm doing just that.. On the mend....
  • Uncle Bob is still in the hospital..pray his renal problems will be healed and the host of other problems that have plagued him.
  • Aunt Mary Jane and Janet who are also on the mend..
  • Wendell's surgery on his knee is this Thursday
  • Perhaps remember me also.. having difficulty ambulating this morning.
That's about it for now.. perhaps I'll catch y'all later..

No comments: