Monday, January 29, 2007

BRIGHTER DAY TODAY

Yesterday I was NOT a happy camper. Wendell went for his sonar, but the order never made it ahead of him. This morning I called the doctor's office and asked for an explanation. The girl said she'd called the hospital to find out where to fax it.. and they gave her 2 numbers so that if one didn't get through the other would...except neither did. So to make a long story short.. she faxed the forms to me and I called and made his appointment again for this Saturday.
Today was my meeting at the hospital regarding retirement. There is actually good news and bad, though the bad news isn't that bad. I am going to retire..but not in March, but likely my target will be February 2008. There is good reason for this and it all has to do with insurance coverage for Wendell. I can get the insurance for him for 18 months and then he's out on his own. With his pre-existing conditions, the liklihood of him finding a carrier for the rest of the time before he's 65 is slim. So, 18 months before he turns 65 is Feb 2008. I'm happy with the prospect, and he's content to go along with the idea. The other good news is that no matter when I retire, the hospital will subsidize my insurance at a reduced rate till I'm 65 no matter what.
I think I'll set up a ticker to help me get through the next year. Each month a little closer, each day a little closer.

No comments: