Thursday, January 25, 2007

IT WAS INEVITABLE..sigh

Even though snow is inevitable in winter, I was so hoping.. yes, even optimistic, that it would not appear with any strength this season, but... uh...there it is. We didn't get a lot.. about 2 inches I suppose.. I can't see it well in the dark this morning. I suppose I shouldn't complain- we have had such a mild winter so far.. and indeed, it's not the deepfreeze of some in our history. Treat of the Month for January was brand new gloves for all.. I guess none too soon. The Valentines should have theirs today.
It's not quite 6am..I've been awake since 5. I slept well.. but not sure that I had enough hours. I'll go back to bed shortly.
Today is office day, but I'm not going in till after lunch to do the necessary ordering and then to help Kathy with one of our patients who is being infused with a new biologic. I wonder how the roads will be..
We need a couple of groceries too.. Need to stop on the way or on the way home.
I'm really looking forward to Monday.. that's my day to see personnel and find out about retirement. I am going into this feeling positive, but there is always the possibility we won't be able to afford it right now. I'm keeping that in mind also. I do covet your prayers over this matter. God's will is my focus. He will open doors at the right times. I trust His judgment for me and realize that He may have more work for me to do at the hospital before I leave permanently. But one has to inquire, and all criteria for retirement has to be met before the doors will be open for me. So the appointment on Monday will be fact finding with a possibility of leaving my position by March 1st.
Wendell and I went out to eat last evening. It had been quite a while since we did anything like that. I was concentrating on low salt foods.. he had a plain cheeseburger and soup. I did fine.. wish I could say the same for him.. he paid for it dearly the rest of the evening and I heard him up during the night too. Pray for him and his GI problems.
Well, it's nearlly 6:30am.. I think I'll head back to bed for a snooze. My clock is set for 8.. this should be just right.
Stay warm, be careful if you have to be out on the roads today.. Pray

No comments: