Thursday, January 18, 2007

THUMBS UP !

If you don't think prayer is not effectual.. read on...
I did a lot of complaining about my thumbs this week and last night had so much pain and soreness and frustration, I had to share it with you all.. and though I feel sorry that I have been complaining so bitterly, you have apparently heard my request for prayer..
This morning the swelling is down and the pain is substantially reduced with just general discomfort. I picked up my coffee cup gingerly this morning and immediately noted that there was no sharp ripping pain in my thumbs or wrists. The redness is gone..and the joints have cooled down. Indeed, even my shoulders and back are more settled today.
I thank you all for prayer and I thank the Lord for the relief.
It is 2:30am.. I'm awake and don't plan to go back to bed at this point.. I've slept 6 hours and am feeling so much better. I have paper work to take care of for work today, and then after seeing my dear patients, I'll do some general cleaning of my office areas and get things back in order. Next week Kathy will be covering for me (her regular day) and I'll just do some clerical work.
Today JJ will be picking Wendell up for his surgery on his knee. Keep them all in prayer please.. the surgeon, anesthesia, etc.. all those who will be caring for him.
On to the day.. early as it is.. good to get a head start..

No comments: