Friday, January 19, 2007

SHE'S CHANGING

Wendell and I were up to see the kids and Amy today. I had planned this visit so that I could give Annabelle her bath today and to make sure Daniel got his birthday presents.
Annabelle is changing. When she was born, I really thought she looked like her brother Paul.. then for a brief moment or two I saw Daniel in her face. By the next day, I decided she looked like Joyce did as a baby.. now, today, she looks like herself..like baby Annabelle. Every so often I catch a look that reminds me of David, but mostly not.
She was better for the bath today. She only cried for a brief few moments and then she settled right down and was happy to get dressed all in pink again. Afterward, I sat on the rocker with her and she spent quite a while looking at the world around her. She seems impressed with the lights and then she holds her head up very well to look around. Strong neck muscles !
Daniel liked his gifts.. I could tell.. he put his train together and ran it a bit, and then carefully put it back in it's box.
We gave him popcorn and hot chocolate mix too.. things he likes.

No comments: