Wednesday, January 17, 2007

CLUMSY

I believe in giving fair warning.. I'm feeling upset and sore.. and if you don't want to read about all my complaints.. well.. then just shuffle on to something else... 'cause I feel like complaining.
It's my thumbs.. yes, I know, I have been complaining all week about them.. but they are so SORE. It makes life so difficult. The little things one takes for granted, I CAN'T DO!! I can't get my hose on, can't get my shoes on using my hands and getting dressed this morning left me sweating and totally wiped out. I went out to do the grocery shopping and to pick up Wendell's med.. the name on the check I would verify as my own, but it bears no resemblance to my signature. Thankfully I wrote the check in front of them and they know me.
I got the groceries, but had them pack them lightly, and then carried them in the house 2 at a time.. just too heavy for my hands.. Supper has been interesting.. can't open the can of mushrooms to put in the cassarole. Can't rip the packet of flavor seasoning without scissors or a knife..
I'd like to know who the cruel person was who invented the lids for the bottle of arthritis strength Tylenol?? He needs to be shot. By the time I get the lid off, I'm in tears.. then I put a number of them in a smaller bottle that I can remove the lid easily... but that initial opening is so bad.. and aggravates the already screaming thumbs.
What were they thinking!!!???? Did they not think to test these lids with arthritic people??
Truly, any packaging that says "just tear here".. is a joke.. Try it yourself.. bandage up your thumbs so they are unusable.. and see.. try opening the simplest packages.. you won't be able to do it.
If you really want the full effect you could hit your hand with a hammer..and then try to open them.. It is not possible !!!! Scissors?? You must be kidding! Those little loops on the back of the scissors.. you know, the ones you put your THUMB through?? AAAACCCKKKK!!!! So I use a paring knife.. sharp one.. it works for paper wrappings. but not the medicine bottles.
Tonite is not good.. I've had enough of sore thumbs.. I'm actually thinking about taking a leave of absence from my hospital job because I can't handle the heavy charts.. and I'm clumsy with the raft of papers that come with the patients.. and the amount of writing that has to be done.. chicken scratch..
Tomorrow is my office day.. perhaps the good doctor will see ME.. and perhaps inject these thumbs so that I can function normally again.
It's peculiar to me that typing is not as stressful as writing with a pen. I use mostly my fingers..and the thumbs are reserved for the space bar.. it just isn't as bad.
Okay.. getting off my soapbox now.. sorry for the tirade.. I'll do better next time..
Have a great evening all..

No comments: