Wednesday, January 10, 2007

RAMBLING..


I am sitting here bundled in my nice warm fleecy robe working on getting warmed up.. and decided to include a piece of last summer in the daily blog. How glorious the sunflowers ! So perfect in every way really. They remind me that spring is coming.. So far, with the mild winter we have been experiencing, I haven't had the longing for spring as I normally would. Today it's just cold- no other way to describe 22 degrees. We have another skiff of snow that arrived overnight, no real accumulation. Our high will be about 27, so the report from here is COLD. How about where you live?
Today I am not gainfully employed, but will be calling my patients for tomorrow, and getting my schedules together.. that, and getting Christmas put away for another year.. cleaning up.. and then thinking about supper tonite. I wonder if it's safe for me to burn papers? Hmmmmmm. I don't often do that unless it's very wet outside, and it has rained for several days.
It's a quiet morning, and I'm hoping for a quiet day.
Keith and JJ are going to Palm Springs this week.. JJ has a seminar for work that she has to attend there, and Keith has a sister who lives there.. how convenient, and how wonderful they will be able to meet the new niece too.
Wendy says they have a virus at their house..nasty one. Cory came home from school early yesterday because of it. Isaac has had some too. I hope the rest of the family can stay healthy.
Last night I put the coffee on before going to bed.. this morning Wendell was up before me, turned the pot on, and I am enjoying fresh coffee without the wait. Thanks, honey! I think that is one of the things we will need at our new home.. a coffee pot that makes coffee quickly.. maybe with a timer to go off at 8am sharp. Our present one makes coffee just fine, but with a long wait. Not really long, but in the morning, I want my coffee NOW, and I wait 10 minutes or more for the pot to brew usually.
I'm rambling.. gotta get a move on the day. it's a wonderful one coming up..be safe, smile a lot.
My prayer list for the day:
  • Giving thanks is high on my list- for a healthy Annabelle, and Amy, who looks more rested
  • For the mild winter this year, and for my upcoming weekend off, I'm thankful
  • Remember Uncle Bob, Aunt MaryJane, and Janet too who are recuperating
  • Pray Wendell's surgery next week will give him the relief he needs so that he can walk again without pain
  • Pray also that his GI problems would settle quickly
  • Pray for our pastor Vince that the gospel message would be heard by many by him.
  • Pray for our nation, our leaders and world leaders, that their hearts would be turned to the savior
  • Pray that Maggie would have swift recovery from Guillian Barre
  • Pray that the hand of the Lord would be on Nicki and heal her completely; and pray for traveling mercy for her also as she flies often to Chicago for treatments
  • Remember Wendy- sciatic pain has been a problem in pregancy; pray for a normal delivery in the spring, and a healthy Elijah;
  • For Cory and Isaac who have a virus- pray for swift recovery-JJ and Mandy too
  • For the Heim twins, yet unborn, pray the pregnancy would be successful for both, that the present problems would be relieved and the babies would grow normally
  • Pray JJ and Keith would have a safe and uneventful flight to Palm Springs this week
The prayer list is getting longer. There are many who need prayer and issues that require prayerful attention, to be brought before our Lord. These things I mention are but a few.
I'm thankful for your continuing prayer support. God does hear and answers- just look around you.

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

Just for the record - we will hope to meet the new niece soon; however it won't be in Palm Springs.