Saturday, December 16, 2006

10 DAYS...

Mandy and I went out last night to Sams Club. It wasn't as crowded as I'd anticipated, and we were able to do some shopping and check out without waiting in line. We got a whole pork loin for the freezer- cut into 3 sections now; and then some things for our day at Vulhop's~ it's just 10 days to Christmas.
On the way home, we enjoyed the lights on houses.. actually, we were rather critical of most. There is one house that looks just like the Griswald house in Christmas Vacation.. no, really.. these people need no outside lights to see- the house literally glowed. I'm glad our neighbors aren't that extravagant. On that one street, it appeared that each house was decorated with lights in an effort to outdo the next one. Aaacckkk!!! I like to see a conservative amount of decorating around the holidays~ it can be eye-pleasing and uplifting. I'm afraid the glowing houses do nothing but shock me.
Today is Saturday and I'm not gainfully employed this weekend. I have plans.. today I'll be calling Amy and Paul to invite them to dinner after church tomorrow..finish wrapping what gifts are left to wrap and get them all put away.... and then the cleaning that seems never ending. It'll be a busy day, but not too busy I hope. I bought peanut butter last night, and plan to make some 'blossoms' some time today hopefully.

Things to remember: Amy~pray for a safe delivery for her and the new little grandaughter.
Nicki~ traveling to Chicago for treatments- and pray they are effective.
Christy~ pray for a safe delivery of our newest nephew- haven't heard anything yet from them- she's now due also and could be any time.
Janet~ pray for encouragement for her while she is healing from her surgeries.. and that this will be the last of them.
Wendell~ pray for relief from the pain in his knees/hips.. he'll be looking at surgery after the new year.
I'll ask for prayer for me too~ I tend to be affected by the lack of light at this time of year, and my spirits tend to dip.

Have a fabulous day, bloggers.. I'm off to get some cleaning underway before the sun shines today.. by the way, it's to go to 60 degrees on Sabbath !!

No comments: