Sunday, December 17, 2006

WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY..

I did get myself going to church this morning. It was hard.. the weatherman is calling for rain~ I could have told him that without any fancy equipment~ my hands and back have been screaming at me for about 24 hrs. I was determined to be there for worship, and did so.
After church Wendell and I came home and I finished preparing our lunch. Today Paul and Amy were coming for lunch and then I could have some time with the grandchildren making the cookies I'd prepared the night before. Lunch was fabulous, even if I do say so myself. The pork roast was perfect..
SO... After lunch, we began with a simple craft.. making Christmas Mice. Oh, these can be so darling.
Thanks to Sandi and Rick for the Chocolate Factory- it made this project so easy. I melted milk chocolate in the double boiler and then we began dipping maraschino cherries with stems into it.


We'd prepared the base for this craft by splitting open Double Stuff Oreo cookies. We used the side with the icing as a base for the mice.. The final decoration is holly with green/red gel.. so it shows up nicely on the white icing.
The ears are sliced almonds and the face is a Hershey Kiss. I put eyes on much later- 2 little red dots.

This is before they got their eyes.. gives new meaning to 3 Blind Mice, eh? there are about 20 blind mice here.
Once the eyes are on, they begin to have personality.. so cute!!

No comments: