Saturday, December 23, 2006

3 DAYS........

Oh.. it's getting closer...... just 3 more days! Today is Saturday.. granted , the wee hours of Saturday, but Saturday nonetheless. Tonite was a difficult night at the hospital. There were actually about 18 discharges.. 14 on the day shift and more for me.. then the ER got to booming and the admissions kept coming till 11:30pm when I packed up and left. I signed my last chart off at 11:25pm. It was rough.. I'm really mentally drained from trying to keep up with it all. One more to go.. then I'm off for 2. I had anticipated that this weekend would be slow and they would be attempting to empty our department out.. I guess not. We are nearly full up.
The children were here today.. I was feeling sad that I'd missed most of the visit.. but Amy and Paul came back from the appointment.. no induction of labor. Well.. we'll just wait it out.. what else can one do, really?
The kids brought all their 'sleep-over' stuff in preparation today. We were all excited.

Gotta get some sleep..... it's been one of those evenings.. and I'm really tired.

No comments: