Friday, December 29, 2006

HERE COMES THE WEEKEND

My alarm clock went off at 8:30AM..I turned it off, pulled the covers back up over me and snoozed for another hour. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I have to work this afternoon, but that's this afternoon, this is morning. I'm finally up and moving better, showered and dressed for work. I was looking at the weather as is always my habit, and I see that it's now 37 degrees with a 48 high- partly cloudy and NO precipitation expected.
This is like heaven for those of us who have the winter 'dreads'. It gets better yet~ Saturday and Sunday are to go to 50 degrees! WOOHOO !! I can deal with this kind of winter.
Many years have passed with violent winters that left me frustrated and cold and nervous about driving in icy conditions. I had given moving south serious thought so many times. Where would we move to? Florida? No.. I don't think I want that~ too much water and humidity.. California? Too far away from family and then there's the earthquakes..no, not California.. Virginia sounds good to me..yeah.. a tad milder winter and close enough to family that I could see them when I wanted. No... can't go that far. I guess we'll just stay here. After all, winter isn't THAT long.. and spring here is so wonderful..
I'm gainfully employed at the hospital for the next 4 days. I hope I can endure it all. Actually, I'm praying that it will be a calm weekend and they will be slow enough to send me home at least one of the days. My restrictions for work because of my back problems say 3 days in a row.. but there are times I do 4 to meet schedule needs..just not often. Usually I'm shot down by the 4th. If I can get a break in there somewhere, it'll be okay.
They have me scheduled to cover the whole unit (east and west) most of the time now. Sometimes one of the nurses will pick up the lighter side and help me out. I'm grateful for that. East is always the busiest end and the one that gets slammed before anyone else. I work east most of the time .. the evenings go faster, but are stressful.
Wendell is up and moving.. having a lot of knee pain again..both knees.. the orthopedic surgeon will see him Jan 5, so we'll see what happens then. The first week of the year will be a busy one..
Kids are coming for a sleepover tonite.. fun time! and I have to work.....sigh.....Mandy is planning a kids supper tonite for them to make it more like a 'sleepover'. than anything else... sort of party time.
I'll not be home till midnight.
I've gone on enough... gotta get a lunch packed for tonite. ... gotta get my face on...and get moving on the day.
  • Pray all goes well for Amy tomorrow when she goes for the non stress test
  • Pray for Wendell.. his knees are getting worse
  • Pray for a little 18 month old named Maggie from Texas.. she has Guillian-Barre. Pray for healing
  • Remember Aunt MaryJane and Uncle Bob as they are healing
    ~ and Aunt MaryJane is in a rehab center away from home
  • Pray for me too.. I have a tough weekend coming up and will need strength and endurance.
Have a super day my friends.. AND Happy New Year to all !

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

Maybe it is the weather that makes us want to stay in bed? I had the same problem this morning.

Your special sleep over sounds very exciting. How nice.

Have a good night at work.