Saturday, December 16, 2006

LONG DAY..LOTS ACCOMPLISHED

It's been a super long day here.. I've had to go to 3 stores in 2 different outings to get what I needed for tomorrow and today too. After getting the floors swept and the dishes under control, I made Wendell and I some lunch. We hadn't had Tilapia for a while, so I made us each a healthy serving. We like the mild flavor seasoned with a little Mrs Dash Grilling Blend , a dab or two of butter (yeah.. the real stuff).. and then enough milk to cover the bottom of the pan.. bake at 400 for about 20 minutes and we have ourselves a feast fit for a king. Yummy.
When I'd cleaned up from lunch, I started trying some things I'd never done before. This is a Hershey Kiss necklace that looks like a string of Christmas lights. I made one.. I may try making 6-8 of them- they are sooooo simple.
Tomorrow after lunch, I'm hoping to do a few crafts with the kids. the Maraschino Chocolate Mouse is a favorite and so easy to do. Everyone loves them..the trick is to get the stems to stay on the cherries while you dip them in chocolate.
A favorite here, Peanut butter blossoms .. we use a very short recipe version, but they are always enjoyed.
And then Reindeer cookies with pretzel antlers. I'll be posting what ours really look like when we are done tomorrow. Cute, eh?

Tomorrow's menu for lunch:
Roast pork loin in the crockpot
Mashed potatoes
Cole slaw
Broccoli or green beans.. haven't decided yet
Perhaps some au dente carrots with sweetener and butter.
Dessert will be cookies we make later after our meal.

It's getting late.. I need to get to bed earlier tonite so I can be in church tomorrow. It's my goal. I've missed so much for one reason or another that they will likely ask me to sign the guest book. sigh......

No comments: