Wednesday, December 13, 2006

CARNEGIE SCIENCE CENTER

WHEELS, CONVEYERS, AND VACUUMS


Paul tried his hand at building a slalom for a wheel to ride on.. there was a timer at the end that told you how fast your wheel got to the bottom.. I played a game with sorting tomatoes.. ripe/unripe.. I didn't do too badly for my time.. but it reminded me of the old I Love Lucy show where the candy came out faster and faster on a conveyer belt and had to be packaged.

Jane watched Joyce try her hand at that same game with the wheel .. and had a long slalom.


David found a vacuum tube. He put the balls in the tube and covered the hole while the balls went sailing up inside the tube..


This was a real working conveyer belt. David and Daniel put balls on it and watched them be carried along.

This big drain pipe was just David's size. I couldn't tell which end he'd come out of, as it had many T's in the pipe.. and I sort of had to listen for where he was.. AHA! I found him !

No comments: