Saturday, December 23, 2006

JUST SOME MEANDERING THOUGHTS


Hello from WPA where it is 42 degrees and wet outside..we should be able to attain about 47 degrees later today.
I don't ever remember a December that has been quite so pleasant actually. I wouldn't mind if our entire winter season was just like this.. cool and rainy. I haven't forgotten just a couple years ago when we had 2+ feet of snow in the front yard. Wonder how Jeremiah and Annsley are making out in all the snow they are getting in Colorado?
And I also wonder how much snow Bill and Carol have in Michigan? What's the word on the West Coast, Cozasalad??
Days are going by so quickly. I guess that's what happens when you get a bit older. Just what happened to December? It seems like it was December 1st.. and now, here we are ..at the end of it..for that matter, the end of another year..and 2007 is beginning to dawn on the horizon. It'll be here in a little over a week.
It seems the older I get, the more things I give up.. like sending Christmas cards.. boy..it's been years since I sent one I think. I think they are delightful, but can't afford the postage as it becomes an extra expense for us.. I'm not even sure what the price of a stamp is these days.. I live in an electronic world. Others still seem to be able to afford this luxury, and I'm thankful for the lovely cards they've sent... especially ones with pictures. Those pictures are such a treasure to me..and each one goes on the refrigerator to be displayed all year round.
Those cards that are sent to us, we use to decorate for the season..by hanging them in the doorways and on the doors. I still remember a day when Paul's kids came and wanted to 'hold' the little mouse card that we had on the front door. It was so cute and they each asked if they could hold it. They took turns. Sweet.
Then we went through about 10 years of sending the "Christmas Letter".. that was so much fun putting together, but again, the expense was a bit much..I'm not complaining.. and I may do this again next year.. who knows?
But for this year at least, our friends and family will just have to accept the knowledge that we think about them no matter what time of year it is.. and we love them all.
Today is the final day of gainful employment before the big day arrives. I think I'm more excited that I am off on Sabbath and can go to church tomorrow!! WOOHOO!!! I just hope I'm physically up to it. Mornings are difficult with all the rain.. joints are aflame.. and it takes time to be able to move.
  • Pray for Nicki and Bob as they travel this Christmas..and for healing for Nicki
  • Remember Aunt MaryJane as she recuperates from her physical ailments .. and that she might be able to return home for the holidays.
  • Pray for Janet that her healing will be swift and complete.
  • And for Wendell as he struggles with his knees
  • Pray for a smooth labor and delivery for Amy.. and a healthy baby girl.
  • And for Wendy as she struggles with hip pain
  • For our leaders on all levels..that the Spirit would rest in their hearts~ that they would acknowledge Jesus as Lord and Savior.
Have a wondrous and wonderful day..

No comments: