Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A DAY OFF

It is nearly the end of December, and I really can't believe we've had such minimal snow this season. As I drove home last night from work, the flurries were flying around me. It's cold~33 degrees right now and 37 degrees expected. I actually expected to wake up today to a blanket of white.. nope! Still brown and crispy looking.. and no precipitation to amount to anything is expected. WOOHOO!!
I've just made coffee. I got new coffee mugs as a gift for Christmas from my friends in Maryland.. nice big ones! Thanks guys.. I love these, as I really like a nice big hot cup of coffee in the morning. And it occurs to me that these would also be great for hot chocolate- lots of room for marshmallows or a big glob of whipped cream.. Nice!
Today I'm not gainfully employed, but do have a few responsibilities to take care of.. like getting our meds from the pharmacy. These are necessities. I have a couple of bills to take care of also.. and then the clean up from the past few days. Lots to do.
Once I start back to work on Friday, I have a 4 day stretch to deal with. chances are, I may be able to get off at least one of those days. I'm hoping.
Have a great day.. and Keep praying !!!

No comments: