Monday, December 04, 2006

JUST 21 DAYS..

I grew up in a family who was noted for being early. I married into a family who was either right on time or late.
You'd think I could manage to keep the on time status.. but really.. having a problem here. I feel late with so many things going on around me. It's frustrating. If I sleep in on days that I work at the hospital (I don't get home till midnight) I'm already behind when I get up..
Well, I suppose I should learn to accept these things and try to improve where and when I can.
It was a tolerable weekend.. Antibiotics have made my GI tract upset, but the good thing is I'm done with them tomorrow.. 5 days worth. The socket looks like it's healing up just fine. Still on soft foods so as not to aggravate any healing processes going on in there. And.. I'm off the Vicodin as of last night. It's Tylenol from here on.

21 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS !!!

There are a couple more items I want to get before the big day arrives, but careful planning has effectively made life a bit easier. Haven't had to shop too much.. thankfully. I never spend a whole lot on this holiday. Just enough to let my family know they are appreciated. With Wendell on lay off, we can't do that anyway. The budget won't allow.
So what's on your Christmas list?
I'd like a family portrait. That's the whole family together. We'll wait till about New Years.. till at least Baby Blair is with us. Next Christmas we'll need a new one with baby Elijah in it.
It would be a little something for our new house next year. I already have the Americana guest room started- with a wall hanging (thanks, Nicki).. and an Old Glory throw. I'll be watching for tea towels to go on sale seasonally too.. I have 2 sets of oven mitts that are strictly Christmas related. I think it'll be fun to decorate for the seasons. We never really had that chance while raising the children and trying to pay a mortgage.. but we tried anyway..
Next year we should be financially stable on our feet (thank you John for helping out) and be a bit more flexible with our purchases for the home.
I'd like a safe delivery and a healthy baby. That should be #1 on my list. Time is passing quickly, and soon a new granddaughter will be joining the family. It is such a delight to be blessed in this way. You'll all know when she gets here.. And then in the spring, baby Elijah will be joining us too.. So I'll add that to my wish list.. a safe delivery and healthy baby boy.
It seems like when you grow older THINGS don't mean as much. I know I mentioned the portrait, but that is something I always love.. watching our family grow. I'm so proud of them all.
I'd rather Thank the Lord for keeping us all together and sparing us for another year despite our health problems and other things affecting our lives.

No comments: