Monday, December 11, 2006

COUNTDOWN 14 DAYS

Sometimes it just doesn't seem possible that the year's end has arrived. Just a couple weeks to Christmas and then the New Year will be arriving a week after that.. WOW!
Time seems to have flown by so quickly.. and winter is here. Not so bad today~ it's 45 degrees at the moment, and should get up around 50 by this afternoon.. snow is fast disappearing.

Wendell reports that Brian and Heather have a new baby girl as of yesterday morning !!
CONGRATULATIONS ! I believe this is #6 for them?? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Her name is Julia.
No news from the Blairs.. our little girl is due in 10 days.
I can't think of a nicer Christmas gift.. or any other kind of gift.. God gives us so many throughout the year.

This is day #3 of gainful employment for me. It's starting to wear me down. One more to go after today.
The weekends are always the same.. I'm the lone secretary. Sometimes they give me a nurse to help me for the first 4 hours, but then the big 'slam' comes usually after 7pm.. and I am hit squarely. Such was the case this weekend. Well, it wasn't a BIG slam.. just that no admissions until after 7pm, and then they all come at the same time.. leaving me with sudden piles of work to do as quickly as I can. I've been so tired physically by 9pm, all I can think of is going home to my bed. Last night I was able to leave a little after 10pm.. tired.. dog tired. I didn't spend too much 'unwinding' time when I got home.. but crawled into my bed and was out as quickly as I got the light off. I slept soundly till 9am when the alarm went off.

I'm planning on having a good day today.. how about you?

No comments: