Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A NEW YEAR ON THE HORIZON

With less than a week until 2007, there will be a bunch of folks making New Years Resolutions. These are lists of things we promise ourselves to abide by for the rest of our lives....and then January 3rd we toss in the wastebasket due to non-compliance. Humans are strange.
My resolutions? Well..... I'll be thinking about that in the next few days.. Mostly about how I can get the 20 extra pounds off that I began a few months ago. I have 12 to go..Then I'll reset my goals.
So.. here are a few resolutions..not necessarily in any order of importance
  • Tame the bulge..walk more- eat right and regular meals..drink more water
  • Reinstate the exercise program that took a back seat during November and December
  • Get organized.. clean up the clutter, pack things away that I plan to use in our new home.. and toss the rest. Sort through my clothes and give to Good Will
  • Clean the bedroom top to bottom.
  • Organize photos and then send the appropriate ones to others in the family who will appreciate them
  • Update family history-make at least 3 copies of the main books (that's a huge undertaking)
  • Save for new computer
  • Spend more time with Wendell
  • Improve church attendance, spend more time in personal devotions
  • Pray more and encourage others to do so also.
  • Visit family more
  • Take time to smell the roses
  • Get more sleep
It will be interesting to see how many of these things I can accomplish by January 2008.
These are a few of the things I'd like to do for myself. There are many more.. How about you? Do you have a resolution list? What are your plans for 2008?
HAPPY NEW YEAR BLOGGERS !!

No comments: