Friday, December 01, 2006

LISTEN TO THE HOWLING WIND

Wow! the wind is really howling. The sky is ominous.. looks like it's in layers. You can see that the sun is trying to shine on the bottom - the horizon.. then a layer of almost blue..but a big umbrella of fast moving dark gray..
On our way home this morning there were branches all over the road and signs of strong winds.

I called the oral surgeon this morning first thing. They told me to come in and they'd fit me into the doctor's schedule. I hadn't had a tooth extracted since I was pretty small. I think they used ether then. Today we used novocaine plain. I don't do the epinephrine since it knocks out my blood pressure and makes everyone very uneasy. Plain injectable anesthesia works great for having fillings done or any other work.. but for extractions, one should really go for conscious sedation. My appointment was considered emergency, so I got the injection. He gave me a script for Vicodin.. told me not to take Tylenol (Vicodin has Tylenol in it). Taking Vicodin is a treat. I'm so sensitive to medications that if I need to take anything 'harder' than Tylenol, it knocks me for a loop- I fall asleep nearly where I sit/stand.. and I'm out for hours. This was true today. Had to call off work. Slept for 3+ hours.

Before I fell asleep, I put the makings for ham/bean soup on. It is the specialty of the house here. Wendell loves it and often I hear him saying how good it is. I try to make it whenever I can get a good ham bone.

That's about it for now. Stay warm and dry.. and watch out for flying debris..

No comments: