Monday, December 18, 2006

ONE WEEK TO GO..

Good morning.. I got up waaayyyy too early today. I have to be up till midnite, so I'm hoping to take a quick nap before going to work today. I get so weary around 8pm.
The winter holidays are so refreshing somehow. I seem to enjoy everything from Thanksgiving to New Years..and of course, after that I look and long for spring. Ah.. I love spring more than anything else!
I enjoy the children around this time of year too.. they love Christmas.. who doesn't? I really think the enjoyable part is the last weeks of preparation before the day. Making cookies, wrapping little gifts, menu planning, parties, fun games, decorations indoors and looking at outdoor displays.. did I mention this is the time of year we have shrimp?? the winter holidays are about the only time we have it, and I make the most of it !! I could go on ..
This is also the time of year when I look back on the past year and all the events and happenings.. remembering all the exciting things that have happened.. and then thank the Lord for bringing us through relatively unscathed. I'm thankful for ALL the blessings this year.. and for friends and family and special friends that are like family.
We truly have been blessed nearly beyond measure.
This blog has been a record of all those things.. good and bad..though not much bad. Some things we considered bad at the moment were just blessings in disguise.. like Wendell's heart surgery. The fire in the woods was so devastating to me at the time, but the woods is so much more lovely without all the underbrush.
The promise of a new grandaughter soon..in the next week is the grand finale for the year..
Joyce will be 10 in July.. WOW! how time has flown.
Now we begin looking to 2007.. and a brand new year.. Already, I'm planning my vacation week April 1 with a trip to Valentines to meet our new baby grandson Elijah who will be born then.. Wendell is looking forward to new knees and perhaps a new hip.. and then a new home for us with a major addition to this house. We have so much to look forward to.. a lot of NEW things.. new beginnings.

On to the day.. it awaits..
  • Irene sent an email last evening to say Aunt MaryJane is back in the hospital~pray the doctors will be able to treat her feet and wounds quickly and efficiently.. that she can be home for the holidays.

No comments: