Saturday, December 09, 2006

THE COUNTDOWN..16 DAYS


Just 16 days till Christmas.. It's a very crisp cold morning here in western PA. The temperature is 21 and the high to be 36. No precipitation is expected~ the weather prognosticators say it will be sunny. I'm glad for that as I am gainfully employed for the next 4 days.
The freezer arrived yesterday. It is nearly identical to the refrigerator, though the refrig needs cleaned up a bit to be as sparkly white as the freezer. At the moment, the two sit side by side in the kitchen. I suspect that come Monday, Mandy and John will begin to fill it up.
I've been dealing with some stress. I seem to have become a bit disorganized and it causes me frustration. Normally a little of it doesn't bother me, but there have been several situations I can't control that have thrown me off course a bit and caused some GI upset in the mean time. I'll need to remember to take my vitamins to help keep my immune system in tune. I can't tell yet whether I've got allergies , a cold developing, or just dry air causing me to be congested for the past few days.

I had a wonderful call from Nicki yesterday who says her latest CT scan report was excellent ! Give thanks to the Lord for his wonderful mercy and healing. This news is so encouraging, and the best Christmas gift one could receive! This is not the time to stop praying for her.. keep her on your prayer list.. we are called to 'pray without ceasing'. The treatments will continue in Chicago monthly.

No comments: